FAQ: All questions you have about higher education.

You have asked yourself many questions about higher education courses. Search in FAQ All the information that will be useful for you to understand more graduate studies.

I am in my final year how can i enroll in tertiary

Enrollment is done through Parcoursup, an online platform for admission to higher education.

Read our Parcoursup file.

I passed the exam 1 year ago, how do I register?

Holders of a bachelor’s degree of any year under the age of 26 wishing to begin tertiary education or return to year 1 must enroll through Parcoursup, the higher education admissions platform.

Read our Parcoursup file.

I don’t have a bachelor’s degree Can I go on to study in higher education?

Some courses are open to non-bachelors. Therefore, a bachelor’s degree is not always required to attend a specialized school (fine arts, sales).

Legal competence allows non-bachelors to pursue higher legal education.

They can also prepare for the BPJEPS (Professional Certificate for Youth. popular education and sports), with more than 25 specialized courses.

Can I change course during the year?

The organization of the license responds to the principle of the right to err, reaffirmed in the plan. “License Achievement” Class 1 Multidisciplinary Year Have students think about their orientation.

Universities are multiplying initiatives to facilitate this new orientation:

Diverse courses in the same field in semester 1 (S1) allow entry into S2; Overpass procurement course Signing an agreement with IUT (University Institute of Technology), such as the beginning of the academic year in February at IUT, or an exchange procedure between students of IUT and the university. Agreement with high school with STS (Senior Technician Section) preparing for BTS

What is a selective stream?

In addition to the 1st year of the license All higher education programs are also selected: Specialized Postgraduate School, BTS (Higher Technician Certificate), but (University Bachelor of Technology), Professional License. (after bachelor + 2 ), master (after baccalaureate + 3/ + 4) and grandes écoles (business, engineering, IEP, etc.).

Selection can be made in school records, interviews, tests, competitions.

How much does higher education cost?

Tuition fees vary according to the state of the establishment.

For the government sector, the annual tariff rate (Excluding social security and joint insurance) are as follows (B.E. 2021-2022)

License courses: from 113 euros at a reduced rate to 170 euros; Master courses: from 159 euros at a reduced rate to 243 euros; Engineering courses: reduced rates from 401 euros to 601 euros; doctoral programs: from 253 euros, reduced rates to 380 euros; Medical and veterinary education: from 159 euros to 502 euros; Medical education: from €330 to €1316 depending on specialization.

Scholarship holders are exempt from registration fees. In the private sector, prices are set independently by the establishment. Finally, some courses (medical, applied arts, etc.) require the purchase of specific equipment.

What certificates can be prepared in the Work-Study program?

BTS, but, vocational license, master’s degree or diploma from a specialized school Most higher education diplomas can be provided on a work and educational basis. (on an internship or under a professional contract)

In return for higher workloads This formula has several advantages: faster professionalization, compensation, company-funded training.

See also Education section.

Can I continue my studies after BTS or A?

Graduates who wish to specialize or acquire additional skills in 1 year prepare for a professional license at the university.

To reach the level of education bac + 5, there are 2 possibilities: to participate in major business and engineering school competitions. Enter a general license to study for a master’s degree.

Are we alone in the university?

To address the high failure rate in year 1 of the license, universities Initiatives are being taken to ensure better tracking of new registrations.

They organize the week before class to welcome them. Offer a welcome tutoring Individual or small group interviews Help in choosing modules Raise the level of students who have problems, teaching methods, etc.

Teachers and students referred at the end of the course can also regularly review Year 1 students.

Is the preparation really hell?

Thirty Hour Lessons, Glue (Oral Questions), DST (Desktop Homework), Mock Competition Count at least 3 hours of work per day during the week and weekends.

To stay true, you must choose an establishment that aligns with your ambitions. are interested in the field of study Look ahead (school, future) and know how… relax

Read our file: Preparatory Class

At what level should I prepare for the exam?

It all depends on the establishment you are looking for! The more honorable, the more selective. in general Any student with an average of about 12/20 with no weaknesses. can find a place

Motivated Bachelor of Technology holders should not hesitate to apply for the prepas reserved for them. They allow them access to business or engineering schools with adaptation programs.

Read our file: Preparatory Class

Do I need to pass a preparatory course to enter Grande Ecole?

CPGE (Preparation Class for Grandes Ecoles) prepares you for competitive business school exams. School of Engineering and ENS (General Higher Education School)

However, there are other ways to combine engineering or business schools: some are accessible after a bachelor’s degree and most hold competitions for holders of bachelor + 2 (BTS, L2) , bac + 3 (BUT, L3) holders. or + 4 (master 1).

Other Grandes Ecoles, such as the IEP (Institutes of Political Studies), can be accessed through files or post-bachelor competitions.

Read our file: Preparatory Class

Can I challenge my test scores?

It’s very difficult: The jury has the highest authority to estimate a candidate’s performance. Therefore, there is no appeal procedure or the possibility of a new amendment.

Mediators for higher education, research, and innovation can be contacted only if there are “content” errors (errors entering grades, homophones), or when jury work is abnormal.

What courses allow you to study abroad?

School of Business and Engineering, IEP, Specialized School and various universities Offers the possibility of further study abroad, partly through cooperation in Europe and around the world.

In theory, it is possible to go to Europe using the Erasmus program from your second year of university studies, but most students leave later.

This is because Erasmus’s educational stay must be part of the exchange between establishments. You must inquire and apply to the person in charge of international relations at the establishment.

See also section: Study in Europe

Will I lose my scholarship if I redo or orient myself?

Students can benefit from 7 eligibility to receive scholarships during their higher education.

license course (or any course at bac+3 level) cannot be eligible for more than 5 scholarships. A student benefits from 3 rights if he uses fewer than 5 rights in the license course and 2 rights if he uses 5 rights in the license course.

And please note for those who haven’t decided yet: the first 3 years of licenses are still not available!

In what cases am I not eligible for a scholarship?

Not receiving scholarships:

To civil servants in activities, on free or unpaid leave, students who have passed an internship test (medical, pharmacy or dentistry), who are registered with Pôle Emploi as job seekers or recipients. Assistance for integration and/or vocational training (except those who have signed a prospective teacher employment contract), Individuals who are paid under an internship or vocational contract, or CIF (Individual Training Leave). Students who wish to upgrade their language abroad


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Read More